Planning a group or educational visit to Tam O’Shanter Farm?
This information is designed to help teachers and other group leaders planning a visit to Tam O’Shanter Urban Farm. It outlines the basic facilities and activities available.
Visiting groups can organize their own activities or utilize the farm’s activity and information sheets.
As the farm is small we try and restrict its use to one group at a time.
Please read the following information then contact Tam O’Shanter Urban Farm to check the date you require is available to make a provisional booking.
Fill in the booking form and return it to:
Tam O’Shanter Urban Farm,
Wirral, CH43 7PD.
- The farm is open daily 9.30am – 4.30pm and is FREE. (donations are welcome )
- Access is on surfaced paths suitable for wheelchair access.
- There is also a café offering snacks and refreshments (open 9.30am – 4.30pm)
- Free parking is available on the adjoining Bidston Hill car park.
- There is an outdoor picnic area but we have indoor space for up to 30 if the weather is poor (please check availability when booking). Not available on Thursday mornings
- There are toilets in the café and the eco-building, both with wheelchair provision.
Clothing and Weather
It is recommended that children arrive suitably dressed for the weather and ground conditions. Although the paths around the farm are surfaced it can be muddy in places. Activities will continue in all but the worst weather conditions but if you decide not to come please contact us as soon as possible.
Remember in hot, sunny weather children will need sun protection.
Teachers/group organizers are expected to accompany all groups of children and are responsible for maintaining discipline. Please keep close supervision of children so they do not disturb other users, wildlife or farm animals. Visitors are requested not to feed the farm animals unless permission is given by farm staff as it can disrupt their diet and may cause illness.
On the farm this is restricted to the paths, yard, picnic area and main animal house unless accompanied by a member of staff.